Switchboards & Switchboard Upgrades
Installation and Upgrade of Switchboards
Protect your home and family with an Electrical Switchboard Upgrade package – available to all homes in Clamvale, Springwood, and all surrounding areas.
Do I Need an Upgrade?
- Can you easily identify what every circuit breaker does?
- Are you looking at old pull out fuses?
- Are there any circuits that don’t have a test button, or they don’t trip when you press them?
- Can you hear any buzzing or crackling noises?
- Do you have circuits constantly tripping?
Why do switchboards need to be upgraded?
The main reason for upgrading your switchboard should be to provide the maximum electrical protection you can for all the occupants of you home. If you are looking for Switchboard Upgrade and your home is in the Calamvale to Brisbane area then give us a call!
Electrical switch board fires are very common and the main cause are from old circuit breakers, loose cable connections and incorrect circuit breaker sizes. Here a few simple reasons you should get your switchboard upgraded or checked today.
- To meet current standards
- To allow for electrical additions in home
- To offer correct power supply to circuits
- To offer protection to appliances and prevent damage
- To offer maximum protection under fault conditions
- Drastically reduce risk of fire and damaged appliances
- Reduce risk of electrocution
If you do have a switchboard that has been upgraded it is still important to have it checked and maintained. Over time the cables can become loose and safety switches fail. Safety switches should be tested every 3 months to see if they are still providing protection. This can be done by pressing the test button and seeing if they trip. The easiest way to remember to do this is every time you receive a power bill, test the safety switches. At Sorted Electrical we offer 6 monthly switchboard checks at a fixed price. Contact us here to book a 6 monthly switchboard check.
When it comes to safety and Switchboard Installation our Ipswich electricians are here to help!
Your trusted local electrician
We offer our electrical services to both domestic and commercial project, working on new homes, existing homes, renovations, smoke alarm compliance small electrical work, air conditioning and more.
Our electrician service area covers all of Ipswich, Springfield, Logan, Brisbane and all surrounding areas.